A bit about me…


I am currently a junior at the University of South Alabama. I am double-majoring in secondary education and social sciences, as well as minoring in psychology. I have a passion for helping people and from a very young age have known that I wanted to become a teacher. I graduated within the top four percent of my class at Gloucester High School in Gloucester, VA. I currently hold a 4.0 GPA at South and have made the president’s list each semester I have been enrolled. I also work extensively to fully pay my tuition and living expenses. I am highly motivated and believe I am a unique applicant for any teaching position.



Sunday, March 29, 2009

Not being afraid to try new things in the classroom

I love to travel and try exotic foods. I will try anything that is not harmful or illegal at least once. I believe that life is about experiencing as much as you can. I plan to transfer that philosophy to the classroom.

I am very fascinated by how other people approach the same task I am working on differently than I would. I want to learn from other teachers and see for myself what works. Whether it is a new technology, teaching technique, or assignment I am willing to consider it. Many teachers teach like it is still 1950 and are oblivious to modern life. The world is rapidly changing and we as teachers need to have the ability to change with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment